LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramnath Sakthivel   11 March 2021

Unmarried hindu female legal heirs

There are total two brothers and 5 sisters in a family among which one is my father who is deceased among the 5 sisters two are already deceased now one of them who is unmarried is deceased.their father and mother ie my grandparents died long ago only one brother and two sisters are alive so now who will be the legal heirs of the deceased unmarried sister who is my aunt .do I have rights over her property and jewellery.do the children of her already deceased sisters also come under legal heirs. Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/modify_message.asp?entry_id=901596

Learning

4 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 March 2021

Has the grandparents' properties partitioned subsequent to their lifetime but during the lifetime of the unmarried aunt? Has the unmarried left any property intestate i.e. without making a Will? If any such properties are there, who is in possession?

Ramnath Sakthivel   11 March 2021

Thanks for your response sir .

All the properties jewelry and bank bonds are her own earnings they are not inherited from my grandparents parents.

After her death in July 2020 her younger brother who is alive ie my father's younger brother took away all the bank bonds property documents and jewelry and assured of a proper distribution among us but now he wants to soley take away all of it and he is not disclosing about what are all there what properties are there who is the nominee in bank bonds how much jewelry is there anything is not being disclosed he is saying I don't have any Wrights to question about it .is that true sir ??? 

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     11 March 2021

All the siblings (direct brothers and sisters) of the deceased person have equal share in her property. Children of the other preciously deceased members divide the share of their parents amongst themselves.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     12 March 2021

The property was inherited or self acquired of your grandparents and it was intestate or any will was executed  ?

Whether your grandmother was title holder or grandfather ?

If the property was left intestate by your grandparents, it will devolve equally amongst all siblings, whether alive or dead.

However, for those who have died their children/ spouse shall get his/ her share.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More