LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mahak (student)     18 December 2011

Unmarried daughter


I am a sunni muslim 29years old unmarried girl a residence of hyderabad and a daughter of a MBBS(DPH) medical doctor(retired)  after retirement my dad  left us my mom after 31 years of marriage  now he married to other lady and  enjoying his life but what about us then when me and my other siblings went him to ask for maintenance he is ignoring us by telling that we are not his children  and calling  to nearby police station making us caught  a father is this much hursh with his own children he don't want to give us a single rupee  even he is don't want to perform  marriages of my elder sisters  what i must do now because according to sharia he can marry but he should look after us with our marriages and  studies of my minor siblings  please  can i file case on my dad  to take responsibility of my elder sisters marriage. please advice me sir please 


 4 Replies

Ratnesh kumar (Advocate)     18 December 2011

well u can file a case for maintaince along with your mother and your sister and u are liable for getting maintaince from him .. you can also have the share in your paternal property whihc i being owned by your grand father

rajiv_lodha (zz)     18 December 2011

I doubt if u can get property which ur grandpaa self acquired!

Lifeisgreat (None)     20 December 2011

29 years old and still expect parent to look after your needs?

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     26 December 2011

Better start doing something on your own sis/





Shonee Kapoor

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register