Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

unmarried advocate can practice a family court cases or not

Page no : 2

Born Fighter (xxx)     08 June 2018

You already have a case in hand and that too against the Judge for laying down own dictats which are against rules and acts governing practice of lawyer as laid down by Bar council.

If u cant stand for urself and decide to move away from fighting cases in family court....then my suggestion would be that you should rethink about continuing in legal profession (please dont mind, and think about it !)

Asgher Mahdi (Advocate & Legal Advisor)     10 June 2018

As such there is no such rullings as you are requesting since the sought query is not upto the legal mark. Since, you narating the Judge insisted you to practice after marriage might be I believe there must be question of law wherein the married women only may able to give answer to it and the judge might have not found to be capable of answering or defending your client hence he/She might have told you to practice in family court only after marriage.There is no any legal predicament that married lawyers only to practice in family court. I doubt you have misunderstood the legal language  uttered by the family court judg.

Asgher Mahdi (Advocate & Legal Advisor)     10 June 2018

As such there is no such rullings as you are requesting since the sought query is not upto the legal mark. Since, you narating the Judge insisted you to practice after marriage might be I believe there must be question of law wherein the married women only may able to give answer to it and the judge might have not found to be capable of answering or defending your client hence he/She might have told you to practice in family court only after marriage.There is no any legal predicament that married lawyers only to practice in family court. I doubt you have misunderstood the legal language  uttered by the family court judg.

Siddharth Jain   10 June 2018

I agree with you Asgher. The querist really needs to hone her writing skills as well as oratory skills as her query implies that.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     10 June 2018

A Judge asking the age and marital status of Advocate in judicial proceedings looks like a joker coming out of a comic book. If such incidents is not nibed  in the bud, he may start asking how many times do you have S* in a week etc. Only a jug head judge will act in that manner inside the temple of justice, such behaviours are certainly unbecoming of a judge, and am of the view that it is a fit case for disciplinary proceedings.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register