LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr. Amit Gupta (Scientist)     18 March 2015

Unknowingly wrong neft fund transfer

I hold an a/c in ICICI bank account .
on 18th Feb 2015, i wanted to transfer fund online and by mistake i selected ABHI (registered a/c nickname) instead of ABHA (registered a/c nickname) and transferred 50,000 fund. Mr ABHI (having a/c in union bank of india) admitted that he has received fund but not returning since 20 days and delaying day by day.

I spoke to customer care of ICICI, they asked me to meet ICICI branch. Branch said to meet union bank of india and UBI said they can not do anything.

please help me and suggest how i can receive my fund back.



 7 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 March 2015


1.      Your Bank-BM could have written to the BM of other Bank-BM and requested to block the payment.

2.      You could have written to the BM of both Banks to block the payment.

3.      You can write to the ABHI to return the funds.

4.      The Bank has obviously not compared the correct name/a/c number.

5.      escalate to Chairman /MD of both banks and raise the demand to block the payment and debit and refund.

Or you may proceed against bank(s) and ABHI thru your lawyer.

Kapil Chandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     18 March 2015

Sir, Mr abhie is bound to return the money back ..... Send him a legal notice and also file a complaint against him for not returning the money .... Regards Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

A.Radha Sampath (Advocate)     19 March 2015

Proceeding legally is the only remedy if all the three i.e., the banks and MR.ABHI do not cooperate with you. No one can illegally retain other's money.

M.S.Ansari (student)     20 March 2015

Dear Seniors,

Pls tell me 4 things....

1. Mr. Abhi haven't hacked or influenced to transffered the money to him then how come he will be prosecute...

2. Dr. gupta had not tolled whether he had made written complain to His and abhi banks....?

3. what are the complete procedure to recover the money by fault transferred to others account?

.4. also tell how far we can legally compelled the opposit party to return money...


Dr. Amit Gupta (Scientist)     23 March 2015

Thank you all

I made a online complain to both banks.

Union bank replied and said yes payment happen, pl process through ICICI bank NEFT cell.

ICICI bank said they will process but received call today that i need to manage my own.

Mr ABHI does not want to return and says to process via bank only which he knows may not happen.

Any help on this????

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 March 2015

You have posted that M/s ICICI Bank "said"!

What is the need for verbal transactions!

Demand a written reply, from M/s ICICI Bank.

Escalate to Chairman.......and thereafter approach your lawyer. 

Dr. Amit Gupta (Scientist)     28 June 2015



I made a complain of case to RBI online. Got complain number. Soon after that i received my money back. Later ICICI's senior manager mailed me. I responded with thanx for money refund.

I also got hard copy post of complain settlement from RBI.

Yet i am not sure how did this happen but i beleive it must not be by Mr ABHI.

Two people to thanx for this. 1. Union bank to earmarked (hold) my money to be refunded just by mail request. 2. RBI RBI and RBI :-)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register