Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ks Singh jiii (Partner)     09 November 2011

Unethical practice

Dear Freinds

I have a case in which a person has appointed a lawyer for his case and notice but later on he sent him bill where he charged Rs 25000 for sending notices and demanded Rs 1.5 lakh for the filling and drafting of suit but as my client is saying he never told lawyer to file suit on his behalf and even no case has been filled and no such type of case even exist because only notice was sent and there was no case filled in the court.

now this is whole Malpractise of an lawyer who is harasing the clients now please suggest me how to go about it like should i send him notice or should we file the case for Unethical practise.

I am young lawyer so need the help of my senior freinds and collegue.

I hope you will understand and help me out in this

Regards

Karan Bindra

Learning

4 Replies

Piyush Vaishnava (Advocate)     09 November 2011

you should have give him a denial of this notice, and get his State Bar Registration No. and file a complaint against him with relevent documents.

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     09 November 2011

Dear Karan,

You can approach State Bar Council complaining professional misconduct, provided you have strong evidence to prove your allegations.

SURESH GODBOLE (ADVOCATE)     10 November 2011

Send him a Notice asking him for the full details of his claim

Also ask him  The Number and the Court in which he has filed a suit . Also ask him to provide FULL COPY of the SUIT with all the annexures , if any , and also with the notings of the Court Order in which the dates and the directions of the Honble Courts are noted . It will give you an indication at which stage the suit is .

Also ask him the copy of the Power  (duly verified by the notary ) and also ask him to state on oath that  the Power is TRUE and Signatures of the Applicant are original  and You (the complainant) has signed it before him .

Also write to him that if You dont  get a reply within 15 days , the matter will be reported to the Bar Council and a case will be filed against you of forgery and misconduct by a LAWER or ADVOCATE which is bringing shame to the profession

I feel and hope this single letter will solve your problem 

Further , report here and we will see

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 December 2011

in addition to what Mr godbole stated asking for his regn no will also be more useful.  Since you never asked him to file civil suit he has no right to thrust his services upon you. He could not have file any suit without your signatures.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register