LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DharaniPriya (-)     09 April 2019

Undisclosed property dispute

Hi, I was about to register a plot. On the day of registration I came to know it was a dispute property and stopped the registration. I had already borrowed money for plot purchase and cant be returned before paying interest for atleast 6 months. 

I want to know if any action can be taken against the seller for not disclosing the dispute on the property and claim damages? I was just doing some search on google and ended up with Section 55(1)(a) for Transfer of Property act. Can anyone let me know what it means and If I can do anything to make the seller pay for his dishonesty? Thanks!

 2 Replies

It would be wise if you return the loan amount or invest it in some other property, since going again seller would cost more money and time, certainly more that 6months and the amount which you to pay as interest, but if you have made you mind regarding this, you can file fraud case or consumer complaint.
1 Like

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     09 April 2019

The maxim Caveat Emptor applies to your case. You ought to have inquired about the title before entering into agreement with the seller. Ask the seller to return the money with interest.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query