Since when Part III of Constitution has started talking about "legal" rights? All statutary laws/legal rights etc. flow from the Constitution. Just like Passports Act is to regulate fundamental right of foreign travel which is part of Right to Life and Liberty flows from Article 21, similarly Arms Act 1959 is to regulate the Fundamental Right to Keep and Bear Arms flows from Articles 19 and 21. If you have different opinion then please enlighten the forum as to from which Article of Constitution the Arms Act 1959 is flowing from?
Moreover Article 19(1)b is not taking away any right or preventing citizens to assemble with arms. It is merely not taking the burden to provide simultaneous guarantee on both the rights. If State finds the assembly with arms as not unlawful, it does not prosecute the citizens.
About your disagreement about that assemblage in the video, you probably seem to be shocked because of cultural difference. If you see those people in video, they are firing in air, dancing and prancing about without any kind of fear or terror. These kind of celebrations are part and parcel of their culture, including the entire middle east and even many parts of Northern India.
Well it appears your opinion is not based on facts but on your figment of imagination that all people have no control on themselves and they need to be treated like bunch of sheep. And grounded upon the utopian idea of a world were nobody is armed. Very good idea indeed. But till now it has not been achieved anywhere.
Arms act or no arms act the criminals by their very nature of business always keep themselves armed. You cannot legislate criminals way. Are the insurgents in JK, Northeast or Maoists lining up at licensing authourities to get arms licenses? Rather they have prohibited arms like RPGs, landmines, mortars, machine guns etc. for which licenses are not granted. Are the criminals dependent on licensed firearms to conduct there business in this country?
Any form of violence is facilitated by imbalance of power. The attackers take advantage of gun control as it ensures their security and use their numerical and physical strength to commit violent crime. If people have guns, balance of power and violence under control. Criminal would have to put his life at risk before choosing to commit a violent crime and not vice versa(of putting the life of their victims at risk).
Can you please prove were on earth gun control has been able to reduce crime? On the contrary it has always been advocated by criminals, racist and colonial people as it creates a safe environment for them.
1) England has one of the toughest gun control law in the world, it has highest crime rate in Europe.
2) Australia introduced gun control, crime graph spirraled upwards.
3) 95% of violent crime happens in 5% of states in America that have toughest gun control laws.
4) India has one of the toughest gun control laws in the world. MHA has given an executive order on 31.3.2010 to all states/union territories to not issue arms licenses to citizens except for MPs/MLAs and government officials. No arms licenses are boeing issued to citizens except those mentioned. Is India becoming any more safer? Crime rate is spiralling upwards. The overwhelming number of murders committed in this country are committed using means other than firearms, a fact that is supported by data published by the National Crime Records Bureau, for e.g. in the year 2007, 85.53% of all murders committed were using means and weapons other than firearms (blunt & sharp edged weapons etc.). It is of no consolation to the victims of crimes if they are assaulted or murdered using a firearm or by any other means. On the other hand firearms enable citizens to better defend themselves against criminal aggression, by helping neutralise the numerical and/ or physical advantage of the attacker. It is clear that strict gun control policies do nothing to curb violent crime, a point made even more evident by the statistics mentioned above, the need of the hour is not stricter gun laws, but better policing and enforcement of existing criminal laws combined with more armed law abiding civilians.
5) Check the list of gun control advocates, their publicly stated motives and their real hidden motives behind it, e.g. Hitler, Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot etc. were one of the staunchest gun control supporters. Whole world knows their actual intent and how many innocent people they rounded up, aided by their "gun control" and killed them. Also the following cannot be ignored:
1. Gun control by British in India after 1857 was to suppress any future popular civil uprising, thousands defenseless rounded up and killed e.g. Jallianwala Bag massacre. Millions of law abiding people disarmed by Arms Act 1878 were killed during partition of India by illegal arms in hands of criminals. So called "Gun Control" by Arms Act 1959 helps criminals attack thousands of defenseless men and women to be killed, injured, raped, kidnapped etc. every year in India. Criminals are having a merry time in India due to so called "Gun Control". Entire democracy has been for all practical purposes hijacked by criminal elements. Criminal/politicians are "winning" elections with help of so called "Gun Control" as their henchmen armed with all kinds of illegal weapons are able to terrorize the voters to either vote for them or refrain from voting.
2. 1911, Turkey established gun control, between 1915-17, 1.5 million Armenians rounded up and killed.
3. 1918, after Russian civil uprising of 1917(Russian Revolution) to prevent similar uprisings, Britain introduced gun control in it's colonies of Australia, Canada and New Zealand. It was also introduced in Britain, since many people residing in colonies also had their relatives, friends and sympathizers in Britain. Around the same time, in India the concept of "Prohibited Bore" and "Non Prohibited Bore" was introduced to further tighten the already existing draconian gun control.
4. 1929 USSR established gun control, between 1929-53 over 20 million political opponents rounded up and killed.
5. 1938 Germany established gun control, between 1939-45 over 13 million Jews, gypsies, homos*xuals, mentally ill, union leaders, Catholics and others rounded up and killed.
6. 1935 China established gun control, between 1948-52 over 20 million political opponents rounded up and killed.
7. 1956 Combodia established gun control, 1975-77 over 1 million rounded up and killed.
8. 1970 Uganda established gun control, till 1979 over 300,000 Christians rounded up and killed.
List can be endless about people daily getting killed by gun control because they are not able to excercise the God given fundamental right of self defense daily around the world because of Gun Control.
Even the Apostle of Peace, Mahatma Gandhi, protested for the right of every Indian citizen to keep and bear arms, going so far as to state that, “Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest”. Just think who are the real beneficiaries of gun control, the criminals or law abiding citizens.
‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’— George Mason
‘‘...for it is a truth, which the experience of all ages has attested, that the people are commonly most in danger when the means of insuring their rights are in the possession of those of whom they entertain the least suspicion.’’— Alexander Hamilton
Also please note:
1) Coorgs in Karnataka district can keep firearms without license, as they are exempt from provisions of Arms Act . Almost every Coorg house has firearms. And also police respect them and treat them as "equals"! There is no higher crime going on in Coorg district. On the contrary criminals avoid such places as they know how they will be "welcomed" in every house.
2) Before independence, the states of Rajputana were exempt from Arms Act 1878, there was no extra crime reported.
3) Sikhs and Gurkhas keep swords, khukris and various kinds of arms. They are not indulging in extra criminal behaviour.
Then how can it be thought that the rest of Indians will start behaving in a criminal manner sending the crime graph upwards? Are they any way less intelligent or less responsible than any people?
Can you close your eyes to these pictures? http://www.thegunzone.com/rkba/rkba-33.html
This is the real picture behind disarming of people http://www.thegunzone.com/rkba/rkba-12.html