IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreedhar Sunkara   21 July 2021

Unauthorised speed breakers and objecting authorities

Hello Members, 


  I live in a locality possessing proper roads, parks, etc. Straight to point my neighbour adjacent to my house constructed two-speed breakers such a way they are stopping the free flow of rainwater and causing the problem to use the road, sometimes people are met with accidents. I made a complaint to Municipality authorities to remove the speed breakers but the neighbour wife and husband objected to the municipal authorities and returned them back. When I called the concerned authority to act speed breakers he is pointing to the ramp and threatening to demolish the ramp along with speed breakers. 

 Now the neighbour has committed two mistakes 1) unauthorised construction of speed breakers, 2) objecting municipality authorities discharging their duties and thus posing grave threat to public life, What shall I do? The entire incident is captured in CCTV footage.  Who is concerned authority to sign certificate u/s 65(E) of IEA? The neighbour is working as a contract employee in govt school, do his activities amounts to anti-government? Ramps? Does municipal authorities remove only my house ramp or issue notice to all households containing ramps on road? Please advice me.


 1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 July 2021

India road congress authority is allowed to put up speed breakers.You can submit your grievances regarding speed breakers to the said authority over their website.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query