Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vivek H Bedarker (A)     13 May 2016

Unauthorised absence - psu

Sir

I work in a PSU since 2001 at an executive level and have worked in 3 departments over 3 states. In my current posting in sales department, I started suffering from depression and I informed my controlling officer and colleagues. I sent a formal request for transfer without benefits in Mar'15 and mentioned my depression problem along with psychiatrist report. However I was not transferred and had to continue. However my condition deteriorated further and during my review by our DGM in Oct'15, I informed him about the same and on his advise I again sent a transfer request again detailing my depression problem. However nothing happened and I went on leave for treatment which was sanctioned. However I did not find the treatment helping me and therefore decided to take self measures like pranayam/yoga etc to cure myself. I reported back on duty after a period of about 4.5 months out of which 1 month is covered by psychiatrist treatment and balance is my own self treatment. 

The Office has accepted period covered under psychiatrist treatment but refused to accept the balance period and are saying it is unauthorised absence.

Sir, can any action be taken against me because 1) I had been informing Management of my problem and begging them to transfer me which they did not and 2) After I found that psychiatrist medicines were not much beneficial, I went on self treatment course for which there is no certification of fitness available?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register