LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Samar Shill   12 July 2018

Unable to sell property

Dear Sir,

I need some advice regarding sale of proerty in the name of my father and two uncle.

I and my cousin brothers live in mumbai and there is an agricultural land in the name of my father and two uncle in Uttar Pradesh..My father and one uncle is no more now.

The problem is my bua's son is not allowing us to sell our property and he has put a stay on selling it as he wants to swallow it.

My bua's son is telling that the land is not in our name and it was wrongly showing in my fathers and uncles name.

So pls tell me what to do now ? Should i file a police case against him ? 


 7 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     12 July 2018

Whether your father and your uncle purchased the land?

If not, how did they get it?

In the case filed by your Aunt's son, what is stated?  What details he has given to establish that he (his mother) has stake in the property?


G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 July 2018

All this hollow arguments can not stand in court after such a long time.  Contact a local advocate, issue such notices as required and advertise in news papers or dispose the land to those who are willing it to take knowing these issues.

Samar Shill   12 July 2018

They got it from my grand father and it's showing in land registration website also.

My aunty's son just want to take that land as he is not doing any job and doing frauds only.

My question is how can he do that as the name is already showing in land registration website ?

Can we take legal action against him ? 

Shashikant V. Patil (Lawyer)     12 July 2018

It seems to be ancestral property and devolved in the name of your father and uncle.  So need not to worry .  Obtain all revenue records i.e record of rights etc from Patwari or Tehsil office.  And for deceased uncle, their legal heirs names shall entered in the record of rights of properties.  Then you can go ahead for further sale. If your aunt's son making any nuisance, lodge a complaint against him in Police Stn. 


Samar Shill   12 July 2018

Thank you for your reply... I will do this and teach him a lesson..

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     12 July 2018

Show the revenue documents of the land to a local lawyer for better appreciaiton, guidance and proceeding. 

Samar Shill   06 August 2018

He has now put a stay on transfering name and told that it was wrongly entered in land registration website..

Now what to do ? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query