LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

deval (article trainee)     29 October 2009

uk law degree/ course

m Deval here. I m Pursuing my cs final right now.. I want to know if any law course from uk would be valid in India or not??

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)

You are an Indian. Better to study Law in India. If you want to practice Law in India don't run after British law

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     29 October 2009

The law degree obtained from UK is valid in India also but practical problem is that Indian law is not taught there and it shall have no pratical use here except a degree.

(Guest)

moneywise, law degree from UK will definitely have more weightage than Indian LLB. sad but true. However, u must know that its not the guarantee of employment. By sutdying in UK, you are essentially carving a niche for yourself in India since you would be deemed expensive and overqualified by most of the law firms. That leaves only the big law firms and corporate houses. THerefore, an ideal thing to do is to get an LLB here and do LLM there. LLM degrees from UK are preferred by top 5 law firms and by foreign law firms with offices in India. Again, jsut getting a degree is not enough. They have better recruitment procedures which means its not just the gift of gab or some knowledge about law but tangible evidence that you are an expert in your stated field. 

deval (article trainee)     02 November 2009

thnx a ton tushar... but as in ma case, wanna do law just for de sake of getin knowledge..

(Guest)

If you are only looking for the knowledge then that is even more reason that you should do LLB from india. You can do a 3 year LLB by distance education. But this wouldnt allow you to practice in court. you can also do a normal LLB, which is much advised

deval (article trainee)     02 November 2009

thnx agn.. m doin my cs, ca and cwa as of now.. so den planning 2 do my llb..

S.KARUNAMOORTHY (ADVOCATE)     08 December 2009

Hello sir, wht is the procedure for becoming a barrister. am a law graduate and also pursuing CS final... nedd ur reply.. or suggest me alternative in this regard

Abhinav (Associate)     31 December 2010

Yes, i think it is recognied in India.

Abhinav

https://www.sddglobal.com

High end legal outsourcing

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register