Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gaya (house wife)     26 December 2011

Uk husband applying divorce, wife in india

Respected Sir/Madam,

I Indian female with 2 months new born baby and facing many difficulties due to my husband’s irresponsible activities and tortures, We both have married on June 21st of 2010, which was arranged by elders. This is the second marriage for both of us. My husband and mother-in-law went to London within 15 days. After that all arrangements were made by me, with the support of my family I have reached to London on 24th august 2010. From the start of my arrival slowly I was abused both verbal and physically by my mother-in-law and my husband. My mother-in-law used filthy words which was intolerable way consistently. They started to treat me as a servant maid and my husband also not bothering about anything. I have confirmed my First pregnancy and miscarriage happen due to the physical and psychological tortured by my husband & my mother-in-law. They left me alone outside of the house without any key for the whole cold day. Everything was controlled by them and not even accompanied to my first pregnancy to for my hospital visit. Due to my Humble request they have taken me to India & we went to my husband’s native with so many conditions that am not supposed to talk anybody nearby and if nearby people ask anything about my husband first marriage child means, I have to say that I left the child in my native because nobody knows about my husband’s second marriage even that time also physically and psychologically abused by my husband as well as my mother-in-law. I was requested and begged my husband that want to lead a peaceful life with you if you are treating like this means, I can stay back in Mallasamudram because I was not able to tolerate their continuous torture. My husband took me to London and started torturing me a lot and through telephone my mother-in-law started torturing me a lot by using various nick names.

On 3rd Feb Due to my husband torture & beaten me, neighbour people was identify there was problem in my houses & informed to Police. London police came to my house notify everything, take me to hospital, there was a Jaw fracture to me, London police filed a case in domestic violence in London police station, when I was totally abused by my husband and on Feb 2011 Police arrested my husband, with help of Police & social worker they kept me in safe condition. After that I was forced by with draw the case by his friends & family, due to my second marital life will not get spoiled, I thinking of my pregnancy reason and future of mine,  child as well as my family. I was supported to my husband in many levels for case in crown court.

My husband was left me alone by sent only one text message that his mother met an accident from unknown number on 24th June 2011. But he has disconnected the all possible contact sources from me and indirectly arranged few persons were threatened me a lot to leave the country (from UK) immediately otherwise they are going to killing me in UK. Slowly my husband was disconnected the internet and telephone connection in the flat. After 12 days I came to India through continuous threatening by his friends as well as few unknown persons in UK. After coming back to India, I came to know that my husband is in his native place; he has arranged for third marriage and planning to settle in USA. By the time I went to his native by asking about my life. But that time he left the house and his mother was not revealed anything where about my husband. I was totally neglected by my husband and my mother-in-law. In that hopeless situation, she committed suicide without telling anything and died. I tried a lot to convey this message to my husband where ever possible. Even that time also my husband was totally avoided me and he wanted to come out the domestic violence case, escaped from the child protection plan, wanted to get the divorce from me that is why he started again to giving troubles and torture towards me and my family members by diverting my mother-in-laws death by providing false allegation, and trying to killing me & my  child by arranging his relatives, friends and unknown people. I am getting call from unknown caller, no number displayed ID. Indian police confirmed there is no link between my mother-in-law’s death to me as well as my family members.

Now  I received letter from UK advocate that my husband going to apply divorce,  kindly arrange any advocate for your points...

We don’t have much money to spend  the case, I want to know that without my notification can any law is there to divorce  or what can i Do ??? if any law is there to punish him from india !!!

Please Help me

Expecting the help, support and way forward from you

Learning

11 Replies

Suleman Patel (Advocate)     26 December 2011

Dear Gaya

1, the marriage can be dissolve called ex parte but any notice from u.k side please does not accept it and required to be undelivered

2, if you received any correspondence then your husband will file an affidavit called service affidavit in u.k court proving that the notice of divorce is served to you

3, so without serving a notice no court will entertain his divorce application but if it’s proved that the notice is served and there is no hear from your end for long period in this situation court can order called ex parte divorce

4, in your draft it’s unclear that the notice you received is by DHL or FedEx or a kind of service that can be track by net and later can be used as supporting documents In  the court

5, in the meantime you can file Criminal offence application against him and his family member here in India under section IPC 498a better you contact an advocate in your region  and discussed about the section 498a he will explain you more better way that how to deal with the same

1 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     26 December 2011

Divorce can be granted in UK, but if you don't participate in it, it won't be valid in India/

Decide what you want out of this relationship.

Also, whether they are Indian citizen of UK citizen would also have a bearing on the case/ litigation.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com
1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 January 2012

So when he was in India you failed to book him under DV case. IPC continues to apply on Indian national fro the crimes committed outside India.

**Victim** (job)     02 January 2012

Yes if you don't contest divorce in U.K. it goes default and your husband get divorce decree.

sibasish pattanayak (lawyer)     05 January 2012

Gaya.

decide first what u want to do with ur life  in this situation, if u want a clear title with full right as a legally married wife. pl contact with  a local advocate, inform ministry of external affirs, pass port authority/ and must file a criminal case.

please call me for explanation with out hesitation. 09874854594 / 09231668664.

or

mail me ; sibasish_adv@yahoo.co.in

lawyers@snslegal.in

sapna (receptionist)     06 February 2012

Hi gaya , 

I am so sorry to hear your story dear , my story was also a bit simmilar but mine was a first marrige and by Gods grace i dont have any baby , my husband also left me back in India and he himself went to uk with his mom , and when i reached there they just threw me out of the house , but that was the day i decided to teach them a lesson , i fought for my dignity and pride , now i live in England , work for my living and take care  of my parents .

I just want to say dont be scared of any one , if you cant do any thing just leave him taking nothing from him , and mind my words , the punishment you will give to your husband will be very less for him , so leave it over            SAI BABA  because the punishment he will give to your husbant he wont be able to stand on his feet ever again in his life and cant even think of spoiling any one's  life , so dont loose the hope dear life is always a lesson , so learn of it and take it as a chalange , and dont give a daam to any one GOOD LUCK 

Thanks and Regards 

sapna

Janhavi (Resourcer)     11 February 2012

OMG..................

Look at this.

MIL flies abroad to harass DIL throws her out of the house. Any sensible person can understand this fake story. No one is going to believe this. SAPNA....

Put forth what you did to you Husband and MIL, I guess that it was you who has harrassed your MIL & H.

I JUST CANT STOP LAUGHING............

READERS NOTE

NOW I LIVE IN ENGLAND AND TAKING CARE OF MY PARENTS.

IT IS BUT OBVIOUS THAT THIS WOMEN SAPNA MARRIED HER HUSBAND FOR MONEY SO THAT SHE CAN HARASS HIM AND HER MIL WITH PRE-MARITAL INTENTION OF GETTING SETTLED IN UK.

AS FAR AS MY KNOWLEDGE ON IMMIGRATION GOES IN A MATRIMONIAL DIVROCE ISSUE EU AND US DOES NOT GRANT A SPECIAL VISA FOR A WIFE IF HER H HAS A VISA AFTER KNWING ABOUT DIVORCE.

THIS WOMEN SAPNA IS JUST RIDICULOUS POSTING SOME VAGUE STORIES ON THE FORUM AND WASTING TIME OF GENUINE PEOPLE IN NEED OF HELP.

REGARDS

JANHAVI

AS FAR AS GAYA GOES..........................

HER STORY IS AGAIN VAGUE AND IS FOCUSSING MORE ON HER H SEEKING DIVORCE ABROAD.

IT IS BIT SHAMEFUL THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE ASKING HER TO FILE 498 ETC.

MY Q TO THESE PEOPLE IS.....

WHAT THE HELL IS INDIAN POLICE GOING TO GAIN BY FILING THIS FALSE 498 CASE (I BELIEVE THE STORY IS COMPLETELY FALSE AFTER READING) ?

HER H IS ANYWAY ABROAD AND IN MATROMONIAL DISCORD THERE IS NO JURISDICTION TO GET THE H BACK TO INDIA.

WHAT IF HER H IS CITIZEN ABROAD ?

BELIEVE ME NOTHING CAN BE DONE...

AGAIN I CANT STOP LAUGHING...READING THE FOLLOWING ABSURD THINGS

Now  I received letter from UK advocate that my husband going to apply divorce,  kindly arrange any advocate for your points...

LMAFAO

GAYA....STOP 

FINALLY...

SAIBABA PLS GIVE SOME BRAINS TO GALS LIKE SAPNA & GAYA

GAYA SAYS SHES BEEN TO UK AND LOOK AT THE QUALITY OF ENGLISH SHE'S WRITTEN...!!!!

(Guest)

well gaya .... it will be fruitful if you discuss your actual problem rather than posting the extracts from your police complaint / FIR .  If you reckon that your husband and in-laws were not genuine towards you then STAND UP AND MOVE ON WITH LIFE .

~ ~Unfortunately , There is no LAW to satisfy your anger or greed .......
What are you gonna get by finding ways to punish him from india ???? nothing but bullsh*t 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     12 February 2012

Just another case of pound hungry girls being chaeted by NRI husbands.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register