LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raj (none)     09 November 2011

Uder section crpc 125 claiming maintenance

I worked in a private company but now i am jobless should i have to pay maintenance.we are not liveing togather around 1year.she passed msc and she went from my home herself.

i am out of station therefore can my brother appear on my behalf in the court.

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)

Standard trick, become jobless so that you don't have to pay maintenence. Beg, borrow or steal, you'll have to maint her as per your last salary and you have to give her 50% of your own and ancestral property.

SHAILENDRA SRIVASTAVA (MANAGING PARTNER)     09 November 2011

YOU HAVE TO PAY MAINTENANCE IN ANY CASE. YOUR BROTHER CANNOT APPEAR ON YOUR BEHALF.

Piyush Vaishnava (Advocate)     09 November 2011

To maintain her, its your legal liability, appear as early as possible before court of justice and put your rejoinder otherwise court may grant x party interim relief to your wife.

now i donot have any source of income.if i give her money, i can't maintain myself.

K.P.Satish Kumar (Advocate)     09 November 2011

if your wife is a earned person then you can claim maintenance from her.

K.P.Satish Kumar M.L.

Advocate: 9962999008

at my knowledge she not working......she now with his father.only she want money from me to create pressure on me and spoil my life.

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     09 November 2011

Dear Raj,

Your brother is not entitled to appear in a court on your behalf.  If you have any threat from your wife or her relatives, you can file an application u/s 205 Cr.P.C. seeking to dispense with ur appearence, in which case, your advocate shall have to appear on your behalf.

It appears that ur wife is not earning any income.  So, it is ur bounded duty to maintain her unless you are physically unfit to attend to any work.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     10 November 2011

Dear Raj,

Find a job, no court would allow you maintenance.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register