THE YEAR 1907-WHAT A DIFFERNCE CENTURY MAKES AND THIS WILL SURELY BOGGLE YOUR MIND.HERE ARE SOME STATISTICS OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ONE HUNDRED YEARS AGO.
* The average expectancy of LIFE in the U.S A. was 47 years old.
* Only 14 percent of the homes in the U.S. had BATHTUB.
* Only 8 percent of the homes had telephone.
* A three minute call from Denver to New York city cost $11 per minute.
* There was only 8,000 in the U.S and only 144 miles of PAVED ROADS.
* The maximum speed was 10 miles per hour in most cities.
* With a population of 1.4 million people,CALIFORNIA was 21st most populous state.
* The average WAGE of a worker was 22 cents per hour and annual income was between $200 and $400.Accountant's income was about $2000. per year and DENTIST's income was around $2500. per year.
* A VETERINARIAN's income was $1500 per year and machanical engineer's income was $5,000. per year.
* More than 95 percent of all BIRTHS in the U.S took place at HOME.
* NINETY PERCENT OF ALL U.S. DOCTORS HAD NO COLLEGE EDUCATION!!! !
* Instead, they attended so-called medical SCHOOLS, many of which WERE CONDEMNED IN THE PRESS AND THE GOVERNMENT AS "SUBSTANDARD".
Total likes : 2 times
Total likes : 1 times
thats so sad. this means we are about a century behind the US :(. I suspect if most of it was built by immigrants including Indian after the world war II
Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies
Click here to Login / Register
view more »
Our Network Sites
Join LAWyersclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.
Alternatively, you can log in using: