LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pramod Kumar   06 November 2021

Typo mistake in the rental agreement


I found that there is a typo mistake in the rental agreement made electrically on a 100 rupees stamp paper. Insted of mentioning the owner name, I have mentioned owners grandfather's name, who is dead. This rental agreement is for the purpose communication address in passport. Can I use whitener and correct the name manually. This also agreed by the owner as well. My question is, is it valid if we do so or not?

Please suggest me the correct way. 

Thank you. 


 4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 November 2021

you can sumbit a correction copy 

Kevin Moses Paul   06 November 2021

As per your concern let me inform you that if the rent agreement is registered it is to be corrected by creating Rectification Deed of rent agreement which will become a part of rent agreement and it would also be registered. While on the other hand, if the rent agreement is not yet registered you may get it corrected by striking of it and in token thereof both should sign on correction.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     07 November 2021

Use of whitener will make the document of rent agreement as invalid.

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 November 2021

Such errors in a rental agreement are not of much consequence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query