Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saurav (Creative analyst)     16 February 2015

Troublesome landlady

Everyone,

I've rented a small 2BHK flat in Bangalore with a friend. We are staying in this flat since Mid December 2014. I'm paying Rs. 12000 as rent and Rs. 1000 for water. We've deposited Rs.45,000 as advance. The landlady was nice to us initially but she did not tell us about the water problems in the area. I asked her the reason, but she tries to avoid us or she simply says that you expect hotel facilities when you're unable to pay rent yourself or something like i do not control water, have you not heard of the Kaveri water dispute between karnataka and tamil nadu. We highlighted a few repairs to be made but she is not willing to listen to us now after two months she has asked us to vacate the flat immediately, as we're facing financial problems and unable to pay rent. We tried telling her to cut the amount of rent from the deposit for the time being but she is not willing to listen to us in any case. She is a loud mouthed woman who would not listen to any logic what so ever. She is also willing to return only Rs. 2000 out of the Rs. 45000 that we gave her. She did not even sign the rental agreement as she said it was void, and she took our copy of it too. Right now I've just passed out of college and looking for a job. I am hesitant of asking money from my family as I know even they are facing financial issues lately.  I am fearing that she may create more problem to the asset we have in the house. Can you please advise me further course of action on this regard?

Thanks.

Learning

1 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     17 February 2015

Dear, Collect evidence which can be used in your favour and make her admit things which ca. Be used in your favour ... Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register