LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Trial Court in 498A

I have a question a FIR was registered against me and my family u/s 498A, 406, 502, 3/4 Dowry Prohibition act in UP. we filed a criminal writ petition for quashing of FIR- that provided us interim relief of stay of arrest. The final decision will be made by HC on our stay of arrest when the mediation centre allahabad submits its report to HC. The case is in mediation and still not referred back to court.

In between the chargesheet got filed and I have received summons to appear before the CJM court. Can I appear before the CJM court on the date prescribed though I dont have regular bail - as the HC order is atill valid and did not have a clause that say is upto chargesheet.

1.I have consulted my lawyer he says I need not appear on the date and lawyer will present the HC order- but the orders from HC just stays arrest but dont grant me relief of not appearing in trial court.

2. If I appear before the CJM court on the date and not apply for bail can I be arrested- I feel the HC order are valid till a frsh decision is taken by HC on the issue.

Please Advise.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More