Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sridhara (Engineer)     26 September 2008

Tresspassing by a Telecom Tower Company

Dear Sirs,


I would like to seek your advice in a matter that is troubling me since a month. My neighbour has rented his terrace to a private telecom service provide to erect Tower. In this connection the said private telecom service provider while connecting the tower with the generator(positioned in the ground floor of my neighbour) has routed the power cables through my backyard along their wall (but the space lies within my premises) without my permission and rendering it to be unsafe and hazardous. I appealed with the staff and approached their office but did not get any response nor anyone bothered to look into this matter. One of their staff states that i should contact my neighbour only, and not the said private telecom service provider, in this matter. If this is so then the said private telecom service provider is abetting unnecessary litigation between the neighbours. Now that the tower is commissioned and the private telecom service provider will take rest does not care for our safety.


Can some one suggest what steps can i take to ensure that the Private telecom service provider re-routes the cables.


I am deliberately not mentioning the company which is erecting this tower. Hope you understand.


My residence is in Hyderabad. You can mail me your suggestions to my email id




 7 Replies

Tipsy (importer)     27 September 2008

find out check list of transmission tower and also overhead wires may be passing from your terrace, straight away you can put a claim as NOC is not taken from your end.

Tipsy (importer)     27 September 2008

People have problem with eyes, because they transmit the waves, higher than permissible

advocate jain (advocate)     28 September 2008

u can file a file a case u\s 133 public nusiance

Guest (n/a)     29 September 2008

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for the replies. Thank you for guiding me. I will wait for some more guidance and take necessary steps.

Thanking you all.




JAGDISH PRASAD NEMA (Retired Officer)     26 December 2009

This is unfortunate fact that  no law is in existance on installation of mobile towers on or near residential houses.   Everybody is moulding the matter according to his views or preferences.  Tower Companies (MNCs ) have freehands in our country. say that no conclusive evidence is availlable as to whether towers are hazardous to residents. In fact, we are helpless before these giants.




First lodge a complaint with Municipal Corporation. Later lodge a police complaint against Telecom company for tresspassing of cables over your propoerty without any NOC from you.If they don't any action file a suit in the court.

vishvesh (general manager)     30 December 2009

do govt land survey if not done. After survey if wires r going above your plot file a suit.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads