IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anand Raj   26 December 2017

Trespass by wife

Hi all.. I filed divorce on the grounds of cruelty and dessertion if 2 years against wife, after reaching summons wife has entered my parents house by breaking doorlock and she is residing there with some other relative, my parents are afraid to stay with her there and i stay in bangalore.. i gave complaint.. with lot of difficulty complaint is registered with FIR after 1 week.. but police saying thay cant vacate her drom house.. that is my parents self aquired property, but i dont know why there cant vacate her even after FIR so kindly suggest what next ? My parents are staying in my relarives house.. they cant live with her but want their house.. pls suggest best possibilities.. Thanks Raj


 2 Replies

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     27 December 2017



File an Injunction suit and seek stay from creating third party interest in the property which your wife can create .... Before your wife files any suit and create a right to stay in the property .... 


Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 



Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 December 2017

title of the property is not relevant she has aright to stay in matrimonial house  atleat till there is dirorce.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query