Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sam (enginerr)     27 January 2014

Tree laws for trimming and cutting (from root)

sir/madam

i reside in state of goa and purchsed a property of 300 sqmtr including a litrerite stone  house in urban area five month ago . There is A BIG MANGO TREE behind the house 4mtrs away with huge branches hanging over the house and uprooted root .since is there  a fear of tree or the brances that might fall on my house.
some neighbour suggested to  me cut down the tree from the root .and some religious people suggested me to first trims the brances hanging over ur housse and after a while chop down tree from root as it is mango sesson .i gave thought on second suggestion .fine, but when i went cut the branches one of neghbour objected me not to trimm the tree .i asked y they replied d tree belongs to them .so i stoped and confermed about property plan and  seller of land .he said that tree is in  ur land and as there is compound marking tht d tree is inside .next day  i started again the neghbour objected wit same resson and made complaint in police station . in police station i explained evry thing about hanging branches ,owernship of land etc etc... police agredd on my side  then police asked me did u take permision from mucipallites saying  even if it is ur tree.i said no so he gave me warning and not to trimm without  legal permission. than i can to now that some few branches were on their side and in mango sesson they used to rob them .

now question is

1.do we require permission from  muncipality to trimm the barnches even if it is in ur property ? (i dont think so )

2. if i want  cut the tree any how from whom should i take permission and what is procedure to do so  .

3.please tell me is safety of family comes first or enviormental laws

4. shall i make complaint to police of robing .

please suggest me what to do?

Learning

2 Replies

Avadhesh Paliwal (advocate)     28 January 2014

you filed a police complained the tree brances is losses to me so you can cut the branches of tree only not a tree.....or for sun rays and air 

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     28 January 2014

1.  Lawfully, IF any tree is endangering life or property OR has over-grown branches, THEN proper permission has to be mandatorily taken from the civic /forest authorities.

2.  The punishment is fine and also imprisonment, for cutting down or cutting branches without permission from the civic authorities.

3.  It is immaterial whether any tree stands inside your own property or anywhere else.

4.  Family first, BUT before family is the Law of the Nation.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
https://hemantagarwal21.blogspot.in/?view=sidebar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More