LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ayush Agrawal (Director)     16 July 2014

Travel fraud by makemytrip.com online booking

I am a first semester Law Student at Hitkarni Law College, Jabalpur.

Following incedent happended to me. 

Kindly advice.

My name is Ayush Agrawal.

I booked a ticket for return on 15/7/14 from Goa for 26th September 2014 from Makemytrip for return from GOA to Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh.

I cancelled the ticket today as I had made another booking for a later date.

Spicejet and Indigo were the connecting flights with one hour thirty minutes time in between I got when I initially booked my ticket on 15.7.14 .

Today I cancelled the above tickets.

90 percent of the amount was deducted by Makemytrip as Cancellation Charges.

SpiceJet and Indigo both charge 1500 each per passanger cancellation charge.

However, makemytrip charged me an extra 1000.00 for cancellation of my flight even when I booked for a new one using their website and I am a Silver card member at their site.

I incedently called both Spicejet and Indigo and both the Airlines told me that the amount of cancellation would be directed in Makemytrip's account and not mine as the web portal had done the booking.

I have no complaints as it was my fault that I booked from this website in first place.

However, looting a customer who already has to pay 6000 our of 8600.00 as cancellation out of another 1000.00 by makemytrip shows their customer loyalty and service ethics.

My Booking ID: NF2201742733174

My Service Complaint Reference ID is : 

140716-021446

Kindly help me and guide me in taking necessary action against this web portal. I had a fixed budget of 30000 for a Goa vacation. 

However, 7000.00 is now cancellation fees, out of which 1000.00 is just a charge taken by makemytrip for using their website to book the ticket and cancel it. 

I am also in sales field and not a full time law student but I feel this is too high a charge, let alone the cancellation charge of Airlines.

Regards

Ayush Agrawal

Learning

3 Replies

Ayush Agrawal (Director)     16 July 2014

Below is Attached Screenshot of the Charges taken by Makemytrip for Cancelling my Ticket

regards,

Ayush Agrawal

Attached File : 764459029 cancellation.jpg downloaded: 60 times

advocate praveen (prop.)     16 July 2014

Firstly you have to serve legal notice about the refund and deficiency in service.  thereafter you can approach to Consumer Forum with all these facts.

regards

Adv. Praveen

Ayush Agrawal (Director)     17 July 2014

Thank you Praveenji,

However, I am sure sending a legal notice will be a tedious job.

Also, when I have approached Consumer Forum in past, hardly any matter gets resolved which is related to online service frauds.

Can you or anyone suggest an idea in which I can benefit without hurting Makemytrip / SpiceJet / Indigo directly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register