LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Puneet (Victim)     21 November 2014

Travel during 498a and other case

I live outside India and i gave a sh*t for the Indian laws like 498a and others and i never received any summons or attended court cases.My brother and parents are also included and they are fighting the case and we will fight till the bit** greys her hair.

Now my question is as i never have plans returning to India and would like to invite my family here(USA) in this situation is it possible for them to visit me when already a Indian court case is going on ?


 3 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     21 November 2014

1. You say you have not received  any summons which is most unlikely unless you were not present at the location and time when the instance of domestic harassment had take place.

2. If your brother and parents are on bail and if they intend to visit you then they need to take prior permission of the court.  But then it will necessary for them to disclose your address and may be the summons can then be sent to you.

3. What is the stage of the legal proceedings ?

4. Is there any way that the complaint can be quashed by the H.c. ?

5.  Do consult the advocate who is handling the case.








rani jain (others)     23 November 2014

Lol. Guys like u hv made it practice toditch innocent wives & abscond abroad. One day ur passport will be impounded.

Pritam (manager)     25 November 2014

You can do onething. Do not sponsor their visa. Let them come as tourist. If you sponsor visa then you have to show all your income tax documents. While filling visa application if they have sufficient income then they can get visa of their own without sponsorship letter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query