LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rak (housewife)     03 May 2013

Trasfer of ownership

my husband bought land in kerala a few years back in the name of his father..but now his father and one of his brother is no more.late brother has wife and two minor kids..what are the procedure to transfer the ownerhip to my husband from the late father ?

Learning

4 Replies

LegalArrow ( Advocate Bangalore)     03 May 2013

tell ur husband give an application to the local revenue authority to transfer the Katha( this term differs from state to state in karnataka its Katha) in his name. The revenue authority may ask NOC(no objection certificate, legal heir certificate, etc. since its ur husband who has paid the sale consideration out of his pocket, procuring these documetns should not be a problem) once katha is effected in ur name , start paying the taxes in his name, after which u can encumber the property in any manner u like.

rak (housewife)     03 May 2013

thanks legal arrow for ur advice...i need clarification whether the two minor kids of the late brother have any rights in the property and if yes how can we get noc from them ..

LegalArrow ( Advocate Bangalore)     04 May 2013

the contents of the sale deed has to be put to scrutiny, whether it is a benami transaction, whther it is mentioned that the sale consideration is paid by ur husband. if ur sis-in-law claims it is ancestral property, then she is entitiled to 1 equal share in the propoerty. NOC can be obtained by executing an affidavit stating that they have no claims or relinquish the share IF ANY, over the schedule property. for in depth analysis send better particulars to legalarrow86@gmail.com

rak (housewife)     06 May 2013

is there any format for NOC  ? one of brother is abroad . is it possible to send it from there by post or email  ? plse reply ...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register