LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit (NA)     06 October 2014

Transfer to addl family court


My case was in Family Court. Now the judge has retired.

There's an Additional Family Court (adjacent court room) where a judge is presiding.

I want to transfer my case to that court instead of waiting till the current court gets a new judge which may take a long time.

What's the procedure for this?




 2 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     06 October 2014

@ Author,


1. Approach Court of Principal Judge with an Application for Transfer of Case to an active Additional Principal Judge Court under same District Court as a Principal Judge has power to adjudicate such Transfers within h/er jurisdictions.

However, check jurisdiction of adjacent Family Court  before acting on para 1 with your hired advocate.  

[Last reply]

Amit (NA)     06 October 2014


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register