Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Transfer/posting of persons with disabilities in state bank

I am a physically handicapped person due to polio with 50% disability i am posted as DY Manager in SBI. My residence at Gwalior.form the last five years i was posted in Bhind district 80 k m from Gwalior, now bank decided to post me at Remote & difficult center on promotion for rural/semi urban about 50 KM from Gwalior there is no direct train route or conviniante bus route for designated branch  please guide me what can i do (other branches also available near by Gwalior well connected with train route/bus route) 

2) In this connection,  I again requested to Bank for considering my transfer / posting application by complying with  the instructions / orders/ guidelines / ruling  etc. as envisaged, for meticulous compliance,  in SBI H R Hand Book  special provision (A) ,  Government of India Ministry of finance department of economic affairs circular No-302/33/2/87-sct (B) DT: 15/02/1988 &  Govt. of India circular No-AB 14017/16/2002 Estt. (RR) Dt:-13/03/2002, which have been issued under the ageis of Constitutional Provisions in respect of  all Physically Challenged  Employee working in banks/financial institutions.

Prasun Das (Persons with Disabilities)


>>> SBI H R Hand Book :


PlACEmEnT, TRAnSFER AnD JOB FAmIlIES The criteria for defining a difficult centre have already been finalised in consultation with All India State Bank Officers Federation and the guidelines issued in this regard to the LHOs}

If the need be you may approach: All India State Bank Officers Federation


>>> The person with disability should be post in nearest to residence or in their dist.

You have already submitted request.  it should be given priority.


“2. It is clarified that the guideline contained in para 2 of this.

Department's a.tv1. dated 10.5.1990 that requests from physically

h,mdicapped employees for transfer to or near their native places may

also be given preference, covers physically handicapped employees in

Groups A, B, C and D.”



If your request is not processed you can escalate as per escalation matrix.



Attached File : 95607042 14017 16 2002 estt(rr) (1).pdf, 95607042 hr handbook vol 1.pdf downloaded 392 times

You can approach Chief Commissioner for PWD in New Delhi or High Court. Can you send a copy of SBI HR hand book to me.

AT :


Ashok Kumar Adhikary


Canara Bank



You can pursue all recourses that are made available to PWD.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x