25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     16 March 2012

Transfer petition by wife -

husband has filed for divorce at his city.


wife belongs to other district - same state.


if wife files transfer petition at high court, is the divorce case (filed by husband) stayed till the transfer petition (filed by wife) is decided by HC ?


 5 Replies

cm jain sir (ccc)     17 March 2012

It is asked in petition itself for stay of further proceedings of your divorce case. Further proceedings will be stayed up to final judgement of transfer petition.

If the divorce case filed by you is in advance stage of hearing then you can resist the transfer strongly stating that it is in already trial/hearing are in final stage. 

The transfer of divorce petition is also decided on merits.

1 Like

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     17 March 2012

yes it will  be stayed.

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     17 March 2012

yes, and she will get trf 

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     17 March 2012

thats why  husband must file div pet at her residence juris, to avoid all these delay 

Sayeed Nazir (Marketing Manager)     24 March 2012

it will get trfered better u give in one single hearing NOC to the court to trf the petition r time will go on u will be fraturated unnessasary 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query