LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harman sandhu   04 May 2020

Transfer on spouse grounds

I am working in a PSU bank and my wife works for a state govt. My job location is Tamilnadu where as my wife works for Haryana state govt. My banks transfer policy says that the spouse grounds transfer policy is only for women. Is there any way I can get transfer to Haryana as my wives job is Non Transferable. We have been married for 2+ years and still we are made to stay thousands of miles away. Is there any legal remedy or any government ruling that can help me relocate to haryana.

Learning

5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 May 2020

I am afraid that there can not be a transfer policy that caters for women only.   Please seek such guidance from your Union/Association and also get filed RTI application through someone from a different place to different office and get certified copy of such policy.  You can also search OM in DOPT website generally applicable to all Government jobs and go through original directives.  You can also file RTI Application on line to DOPT and seek simple clarification on actual issue as follows:

Information solicited:

1. Please provide me a copy of DOPT directive applicable in general to all Government employees that states that compassionate grounds for request transfer is applicable only to women employees alone on spouse grounds.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 May 2020

Whether DoPT policy is applicable in PSU ? Ithink it is not applicable, please check with the HR of the undertaking.  

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     05 May 2020

You can only request for transfer to Haryana but cannot demand under some law. Bank can refuse quoting administrative exigencies.

P. Venu (Advocate)     05 May 2020

Such a provision is discriminatory. You can take up the matter with the Management, preferably through the employee's union. You also have the option of challenging the vires of this provision in the High Court at your discretion.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     05 May 2020

I worked in a PSU bank for more than three decades and retired in 2017. It's always Women Employees who get preferential treatmen at the time of transfers. Even Unions are okay with it. If both Wife and Husband are working in the same organisation, the rules are that both should be transferred simultaneously and to the same place or places clise to each other. Going to High Court and all, is only a time waste as by the time you get a proper implementable judgement, in the unlikely event that it comes in your favour, you shall retire as banks contest such cases to even Supreme Court and to full bench. My advice to you is work hard, get good name and bank surely helps in the shortest time may be in a year or two. Have good liaison with Union people to get things done. All the best to you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register