LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

poonam khedkar   07 December 2023

Transfer of shares & equity shares without nominee of deceased father in son's name without

A query: How can one transfer shares & Equity shares without a nominee of his/her deceased Father in Son's name? Suggest offline/online methods. Thank you in advance.


 4 Replies

Sanskriti Tiwari   07 December 2023

In India, transferring shares without a nominee of a deceased father to the son's name involves legal processes. Offline methods often require paperwork, while online methods can expedite the process.

Offline methods typically involve submitting required documents to the company's registrar or share transfer agent, along with a transmission request, death certificate of the deceased, succession certificate, and relevant affidavits or forms.

Online methods vary based on the depository (CDSL or NSDL). The son needs to open a demat account, submit the necessary documents digitally, and follow the depository participant's (DP) instructions for share transfer.

As per Indian law, the transfer is governed by the Companies Act, 2013, and the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) guidelines. Case law such as Sundaram Finance Ltd vs Abdul Samad and Others establishes the importance of proper documentation for transmission of shares in case of a deceased shareholder.

It's advisable to consult a legal professional for accurate guidance and to ensure compliance with all legal requirements when transferring shares without a nominee.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 December 2023

The son has to obtain a succession certificate from a court of law to acquire the equity  shares of the deceased.

1 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     08 December 2023

Yes,legal heirs of deceased father need to obtain succession certificate from competent court. 

1 Like

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     08 December 2023

Only throuh Sucession certificate.,just get that

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register