Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prasanth kumar (abc)     12 December 2013

Transfer of relinquishment property among members

Dear Members,

we are the family of 1 son and 1 daughter type, before marriage of my sister my father arranged a compromised partition suite where my sister relenquished her share in immovable property by taking cash and gold a statement of her recorded in 1998 and got a preliminary partition decree from court. no execution of partition done.

father and myself aware that preliminary decree expired today only the statement of my sister relinquishment was valid.

my father got the immovable property from my grand father through a relinquish document, now i got a half share in house and a half share in shop. recently my father decided to keep house for himself.

can we execute a relinquish document releasing my 1/2 share in house to my father stating my father relinquish the shop property stating the correct measurements of my legal half share. i myself felt annoyed listening this from my father :) is it possible ?

Learning

1 Replies

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     12 December 2013

Dear Prasanth,

Who told you that preliminary decree of partition expired?

There is no limitation to apply for final decree in partition suit.

Anyhow, you can relinquish your half share to your father through a Relinquishment Deed.  But it must be sufficiently stamped and must be registered for its legal validity. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register