LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ayesha   29 April 2016

Transfer of property to spouse name

Hello Sir/Madam, We have some property worth crores from my ancestors, all the property were in my father's name and now he is no more. I would like to know in his absence will the property documents like katha, paani etc.., automatically go to my mother's name or can that be transferred to my elder's brothers name. If i file a case against the properties that it should be legally shared by 7 people of the family equally. Kindly suggest the details and documents required for the same. Regards, Ayesha Wanted to

 6 Replies

Hello Mam in which State is ur property sitauated? And u belongs to Sunni or Shia? ...

Hello Mam in which State is ur property sitauated? And u belongs to Sunni or Shia? ...Balachander Reddy,Advocate

Is that property self acquired or inherited???

saravanan s (legal advisor)     29 April 2016

How did the property devolve on your father

k.n.VIJAYAKUMAR   30 April 2016

Dear, sir, First wether your father earned these property in question himself or he got it by inheritance ? assuming he earned all by him self- if he has not written any will specifically it will go all of you in cluding your mother if she is alive. In this case best -solution will be -you all approach a court to partition & give a decree -which will be binding on all of you. Alternatively if all of you have a good relation - call elders in your family -  make to day valuation  of   all the properties, first. Then you all settle them.Important - finally this has to be registered in the nearest registeration office..This will be cost effective as for this you will pay a nominal amount. You can also adjust / pay compensation to members between you in lieu of property etc. but mention all of them in the stamp paper , get it registered.

You can informally do this , write down , then contact a lawyer -who will assist you in getting this registered.

In case your father got all these  by in heritance , the case will be more complicated, as all his brothers, sisters, their sons, daughters etc will be involved, which has to be sorted only by a lwayer. Good luck.  

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     07 May 2016

1) Incomplete information. The information provided is incomplete to give answer.

2) How the property is evolved.It must explain religion , state so that proper guidance is given.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query