Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aloordmary (ipr)     30 December 2009

Transfer of property in father's name

Dear All:

My father bought a land in orissa, rourkela in my mother;s name in 1997 and constructed a 2BHK house. And my mother expired in 2003 (without a will) as she had heart attack.

Now my father wants to transfer the property in his name. But in the sale deed documents of the house, my mother's name is wrongly spelled as Miss Elizabeth instead of Mrs. Elizabeth.

We approached a lawyer , but he could not help us.

Pls advise as to how to transfer the property in my dad's name.

Pls advise.

Thanks and regards,

Ruth

Learning

5 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     31 December 2009

The property document while referring to your mother's name usually has the suffice, wife of and your father's name should be there. Even if it was referring to her father's name, you can prove this with relevant proofs like her PAN Card bearing your father's name, and in additional the proof of investment of the money for the purchase by your father, etc. Once you prove the relationship then the property can be transferred in his name, based on no objection/affidavit etc. from his children being legal heirs of your late mother.

vasudevan

Devajyoti Barman (Advocate)     01 January 2010

After death of your mother the property devolves upon her legal heirs and they alone can transfer the same to her husband by way of sale deed or gift deed.

As far as spelling mistake is concerned there should not be any problem you mention the said mistake in the subsequent deed. Mere mistake in spelling of a person does not vitiate the deed.

aloordmary (ipr)     01 January 2010

Dear Sir:

Can you explain me the process of transferring the sale deed in my dad's name i detail.

Thank you in anticipation.

Ruth

aloordmary (ipr)     01 January 2010

I am going home and so request my friend to explain me in detal the process of transfering the sale deed in my father's name.

aloordmary (ipr)     06 January 2010

Dear friends,

Do I need to take the help of a lawyer in orissa to transfer the immovable property in father's name? or I need to go directly to sub-registrar's office for the same. Please guide?

Thanks and regards,

ruth

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register