LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sid (Private Firm)     21 October 2020

Transfer of property from mother to son

My mother is on bed-rest for the past few months and she does not have any will created. I would like to know the best hassel-free approach to transfer property ownership rights to my name(her son) as its challenging for her to travel for completing the formalities. I have an elder sister who is not having any problem with the transfer and I have her full support to transfer the rights to my name.

Learning

6 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     21 October 2020

You can have a settlement deed with all.property being transferred to you and your Sister has no objection therefor recorded there in. Get the Document Registered. With the appropriate application the Registrar shall visit your house and finish the registration formalities.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     21 October 2020

Get a gift deed executed by your mother in your favour, which can be registered at your home (where donor is stated to be bed-ridden) on an application to concerned Sub-Registrar.

It would be better to consult a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/ documents, professional guidance and necessary action.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     21 October 2020

1.  Mother may execute a Registered Gift Deed of all her properties in your favor.  This Gift Deed shall be permanent and irrevocable and non-disputable at the hands of any legal heir of Mother.  After this Transfer of Property will be immediate in your name.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     21 October 2020

If you want that property of your mother be transferred to you immediately then gift deed is best option else your mother can bequeath the property to you by executing will

P. Venu (Advocate)     21 October 2020

What is the necessity to rush when the mother is bedridden? The only other legal heir is willing to relinquish her share in your favour; the settlement deed could be executed even after her lifetime.

Sid (Private Firm)     21 October 2020

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register