LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pied Piper (Business)     27 December 2012

Transfer of property

If the person leaves a Will for transfer of property after him to his wife, can it be transferred without the consent from all his children by that wife ?

Learning

6 Replies

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     27 December 2012

Yes she can....I am presuming that the property is self acquired and not ancestral....

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

Pied Piper (Business)     27 December 2012

Then what about the rights of children ? Can anyone among them contest the transfer ?

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     27 December 2012

The right of children emerges after the death of father...A father has the right to dipose off his propert the way he likes to....arent the chldren earning???

Am I assuming that the property is self acquired...

Vipin Kumar Marya (Advocate)     27 December 2012

Dear Pied Piper,

Just to add to Mr. Chetan Joshi, as per provision of land of law the the Testatee (in whoes favour Will is done) has to get it Executed through court of Law i.e. called PROBATE.

Vipin Kumar Marya

Pied Piper (Business)     31 December 2012

- The father may have made the Will in favour of the mother with the belief that she will distribute the property & other financial assets equally among all her children. But what if she favours some children & exclude others ?

- How does it matter whether the children are earning or not ?

- Can one of the beneficiaries of the Will be the Executor of the Will ?

- Can one of the beneficiaries of the Will be the Witness to the Will ?

Vikas Kanojia (Proffessional)     02 January 2013

@Vipin Kumar Marya G

Hello Sir,

Executed through court of Law i.e. called PROBATE.

What if the will is not probated and the suit arise, Even the same is registered with the Custom Office of Mumbai. Due to some financial issue the probate was not done.

What to be done for the probating the Will and what is the cost for the same. If we do it now after 16 years

Rgrds

Vikas K

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register