LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

STRONG MAN (mr)     21 May 2012

Transfer of property

Dear  shonee ji

         mY DVC case is filled in the year 2010. I have a  flat on my name which i acquired through loan i have completed 4 years of repayment and 16 more years are left.Now can i transfer my property to my mother at this juncture or should i dispose it  since the case is going on will it have any effect on DVC or 498A.IF i sold it out or transfer it on my mother today will it effect post divorce because i belong to muslim community.will the same HMA applicable in my case.

look forward to u r valuable suggestion at the earlist




 3 Replies

samuel singh (self)     21 May 2012

in ur case only thing is  fair provision  and  maintenance  .there is no danger to ur house but pay maintenance.

Indrajit (Engineer)     21 May 2012

Mr. Samuel Singh,  there is a danger of his house also. I think u have heard that the Cabinet has passed an amendment in which the wife will get half of the residential property of the husband, even if that is acquired before marriage. (Though this has not yet become law. But if passed by both the houses and president then Mr. Brave Warrior may have to lose half of his residential property asset). Other movable properties are to be shared by the court in case by case basis, depending on living standard of wife.


So I would request any member not to give any wrong information to a person in need if you youeself dont know correctly about it !

STRONG MAN (mr)     22 May 2012

Dear sir 

           As per my knowledge the amendment is made in HINDU MARRIAGE ACT AND SPECIAL MARRIAGE ACT and i have a conversation with two lawyers one belonging to muslim community and another a hindu practising lawyer both of them are of the same view that it is not going to do any thing with the muslim marriage law or MUSLIM PERSONEL LAW can u plz through some more light on this issue bcoz i have divorced her as per islamic sharia or otherwise called muslim personal law. As she has conutinously sh*ting house divorced copys has been returned and managing the post man to write door look. 


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register