LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijaya Bhaskar (Executive Director)     05 September 2017

Transfer of Property

Dear learned counsels,

My neighbour came this evening and requested to help in property matters. The query is as follows

Father has self acquired property having two sons and three daughters

Younger son convinced the father and registered the property in his name without communicating to any of the sisters and brother.

Recently it has come to the notice of the elder brother. The elder bother asked the younger Bro to give his share, however, the sisters declined their interest in the property.

Upon much discussion, the younger Bro agreed to give the share to the elder brother.

Now, what is the best way of transfering the proposed share of propery from the younger son to Elder son

Please suggest.


 7 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     05 September 2017

By way of settlement or by gift.

P. Venu (Advocate)     05 September 2017

Yes, the matter could be resolved through a family settlement.

Vijaya Bhaskar (Executive Director)     05 September 2017

Sorry, i did not understand settlement. Do you mean receiving the cost of the property. Please help me understand

Azhagananth (Lawyer)     05 September 2017

a family settlement is an agreement where family members mutually work out how a property should get distributed among themselves. All the parties should be related to each other and have a claim to a share of the disputed property.

Krishna. Advocate (Advocate)     05 September 2017

By Settlement Deed or Gift Deed. Krishna Advocate 9447963440

Krishna. Advocate (Advocate)     05 September 2017

In settlement deed , property is owned by one person and settled in favor of a persons who don't have any share in the said property. The Percetage of share will be decided by the settler.

krishna Advocate 9447963440

Vijaya Bhaskar (Executive Director)     06 September 2017

Thank you all for your suggestions

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query