Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ron (SS)     10 February 2012

Transfer of preporty from father to son with will

Sir,

My Father and mother (both Christians  now deceased) each made a separate identical will in Goa, and fully registered, and in the detailed will, left a house in Panjim, Goa to me, their only son.  As I am an Indian citizen, but  currently resident outside India and need to plan my holiday accordingly, ,I would like to know the procedure to transfer the house, utiities, Tax in my name. What documents do I need and how long it would approximately take.

Would I need a probate and do I need any permission from the other siblings?

Learning

1 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     10 February 2012

Dear Querist,

A Specific or even a tentative time limit can be never be given in judicial proceedings, after you apply for the probate - objections would be invited from the other legal heirs, in absence of any objections from their side, and after you prove the will by getting at least one attesting witness - the court would give you a probate, on the basis of which you can apply for mutation in your name - if they don't object - it would be over in months. However if any of them or any other outsider challenges the will - be prepared to spend quite some time in courts. 

Feel Free to Call to seek any clarifications.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register