LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh (student)     19 September 2015

Transfer of petition in supreme court


Dear Sir,                                                                      19/09/2015

Wife of my friend filed cases of crpc 125 and DV Act in her place of residence. It is likely to be filed 498a .My friend filed a case of divorce when she refused to join my friend at his place of residence.

It is learnt that she is filing for transfer of petition from the husband place to her place of residence.

Please guide how to trace filing data and ensure whether her application has been accepted by the Supreme Court?

In case of admission whether Supreme Court will issue summons to my friend   ?

Can Supreme Court   stay the proceeding on the basis of application of my friend’s wife without giving an opportunity to my friend?

What precaution should my friend take for contesting the proceedings?

Please also suggest name of any Supreme Court Advocate who charged the nominal fees and who is capable of handling and defended the transfer petition with due care of my friend.

Any other useful guidance in the matter.

Please help in the matter


 1 Replies

Jeetender Gupta (Advocate)     20 September 2015

You can track the status of transfer petition from the website of supreme court of india by applying searches through case status menu. Alternatively, You may also file a caveat in which case, you will get an opportunity to be heard whenever case is listed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register