LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manish Chandra   23 October 2018

Transfer of flats

My father would like to nominate me and transfer his flat in Mumbai. What is the process, forms to be filled? i do understand succession is not gauranteed unless it is documented in the will and not probated. Right?


 3 Replies

Adv. Aditya (Litigator GROSON ADVISORS)     23 October 2018

Dear Concerned,

In the matters pertaining to property, you ought not to receive opinions here, but must interact, face to face with an advocate who, after reviewing the documentation may provide you the best solution. 




Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 October 2018

Transfer of property can be done through gift deed. consult local sub-registration office.

S. K. Vaidya (Employee)     15 November 2018

You will enjoy membership right of the society in which flat is situated. However after the death of your father you will have to will probated from high court and thereafter you will enjoy ownershi right of the said flat in the absence of will all the heirs specified in class-1 will equally inherit the said flat. The safest procidure is to execute Gift Deed and registered the same in your favour so that you shall become immidiete Owner of the said flat.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register