Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chetan (HR)     04 November 2014

Transfer of ancestral property

Hi,

My great grand mother had a property in udupi karnataka.My grand father was the only son.My father is the eldest and has two brothers and a sister.My father has the property documents along with the death certificate of my great grand mother and my grand father.Can he sell the property by giving a indemnity bond saying if any heir claims right on the property he will settle the dispute.

Learning

4 Replies

Sudhakar (fadf)     04 November 2014

BHANU RASPUTRA (ADVOCATE & SOLICITOR divyatta.r@gmail.com)     04 November 2014

no. your brother can not . pl. give public notice in newspaper and on the property.

file case for injunction and register LIS PENDENSE.

APPOINT LOCAL ADVOCATE

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     04 November 2014

If your grand father had died intestate, the property devolves equally on all the legal heirs, in the present scenario your father and brothers sisters do have equal share , your father cannot effect any transfer without obtaining relinquishment rights from his brothers and sisters. If any thing effected will be considered null and void.

chetan (HR)     04 November 2014

Originally posted by : Adv.Raghavan

If your grand father had died intestate, the property devolves equally on all the legal heirs, in the present scenario your father and brothers sisters do have equal share , your father cannot effect any transfer without obtaining relinquishment rights from his brothers and sisters. If any thing effected will be considered null and void.

Thanks for the Reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register