LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vipul   11 November 2020

Transfer of 7/12 extract in name of current owner

i own a row house which was purchased back in 2010 in village - Ojhar dist. -Nasik( Maharashtra) , this house has been registered and the copy of sale deed is in my name also all property the taxes are in my name but the 7/12 extract of land is in name of previous owner . when i went to talathi to include my name in 7/12 extract he told me to get sign of previous owner on a application called as ( sahamati patra or agreement letter) that gives the previous owners approval to include my name in 7/12 extract, but the previous owner refuses to sign the document also i contacted my builder and he is also not cooperating .i have tried to convince the builder and the previous owner for last 3 yrs but now iam frustreated. so please tell me if there is any legal way to get this document signed through court .

Learning

9 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     12 November 2020

1. File Civil Court proceedings, seeking directions to Talati to mutate /transfer name in 7x12 registers, based on the registered Sale Deed.  No need for any signatures from old owner or builder or whosoever.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

1 Like

vipul   12 November 2020

1.why talathi is asking for the signature of previous owner when the house has been purchased by builder ?

2.whose responsibility is it to give 7/12 extract owner or the builder ?

3.if having name in 7/12 extract of house is the only and absolute proof of ownership then what is the purpose of  registered sale deed ?

thank u for ur reply 

please shed some light on above points.

P. Venu (Advocate)     12 November 2020

Registered deed constitute title to the property, not the 7/12  extract. In fact, mutation ought to have been taken care at the time of the execution of the sale  deed itself.

vipul   14 November 2020

if sale deed includes the name of both the builder (as attorney of previous owner and samatidar ( previous owner ) so  whose signature are necessary to include name in 7/12 extract , builder itself or both . the sale deed consist sign of builder only having general power of attorney ?

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 November 2020

What is the context of the query? Has anyone disputed or disputing your title of property?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     15 November 2020

Your title is clear, seek a mandatory injunction from appropriate court through a local prudent lawyer.

vipul   15 November 2020

i own a row house which was purchased back in 2010 in village - Ojhar dist. -Nasik( Maharashtra) , this house has been registered and the copy of sale deed is in my name also all property the taxes are in my name but the 7/12 extract of land is in name of previous owner . when i went to talathi to include my name in 7/12 extract he told me to get sign of previous owner on a application called as ( sahamati patra or agreement letter) that gives the previous owners approval to include my name in 7/12 extract, but the previous owner refuses to sign the document also i contacted my builder and he is also not cooperating .i have tried to convince the builder and the previous owner for last 3 yrs but now iam frustreated. so please tell me if there is any legal way to get this document signed through court .

if sale deed includes the name of both the builder (as attorney of previous owner and samatidar ( previous owner ) so  whose signature are necessary to include name in 7/12 extract , builder itself or both . the sale deed consist sign of builder only having general power of attorney ?  

Manali Bhalerao (Practicing Advocate)     18 November 2020

Dear Client, No need for the signature of the previous owner. By taking your Reg. Sale Deed on record he can put your name on 7/12 extract.

1 Like

Zulekha _M   31 March 2022

Hi dear advocates, this is zulekha here. My query is about 7/12 extract.

Share me your number on mail. I am from Pune and have some queries on 7/12 extract. You being people of law if can throw some light would get a clarity.

My gmail julekha.m@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register