LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M.K.Ganatra (Consultant)     02 March 2020

Transfer fees for name change in pagdi type house

I am residing in house which is old structure and in name of my father. It is more than 70 years old structure and pagdi system. My brothers and sisters have agreed and have signed declaration cum affidavit to transfer the said house in my name. When I approached the landlord to transfer the house in my name, he has asked me to pay Rs.1.75 lacs for name change as it is pagdi system. Can he charge me for name change as it is in my father's name and I am staying in this house since my birth and was with my father till his last breath. Please guide.

Learning

2 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     02 March 2020

Let your father make a will deed that the tenancncy.occupnacy rights /other rights in the property will be transferred to you ; 

however if you are eager to  get the tenency transferred to your name instantly  , then may be your lanlord may demand some money but against that you can make documents and never forget to mention that you are occupying the premises from the past mention the date and don't try to creat a fresh tenancy but must be transfer of title from father to son.

M.K.Ganatra (Consultant)     03 March 2020

My father had expired

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register