Trademark is an intangible asset for a business which distinguishes the goods or services from the identical goods or services. Registration of trademark protects the brand name of the company. Trademark registration enables the owner to sue for infringement of trademark occurs.
Cost of Trademark Registration
Trademark registration cost may vary based on the prosecution of your trademark application. The trademark registration cost is different in case of an individual or a company. The following are the government fees per mark per class:
For Individuals and Start-ups: Rs.4500/-
For Companies: Rs.9000/-
Points you need to keep for trademark registration
You need to keep following points in mind before Trademark Filing
- The appropriate class of trademark for which application is to be filed. (As prescribed by the Trademark Registrar)
- The copy and descripttion of the desired trademark and indicating whether it is a label, words, shape or coloured trademark.
- A descripttion of goods and services you will be dealing under the desired mark.
- Details of trademark owner like his/her name, address, office location, etc. The full name of the applicant is required, and business name and trading style are not accepted.
- If Mark contains symbol or words which are not in English/Hindi, then you need to provide an explanation of them in English.
- A duly stamped Power of Attorney is to be submitted if another person makes the application.