LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajiv (self employed)     17 August 2016

Tracking case status in court

my deceased father is a respondent to a suit and I have joined as LR to the said suit. I live in Gujarat and the suit proceedings are in Andhra Pradesh. Evertime I ask my lawyer regarding the progress, he gives me the adjourned date and he says he is taking care. and this happens year after year. He filed my vakalatnama, I asked him how i can check the case status online, he says the case statuses online are not being updated periodically (while i am able to check the case statuses like - Registration number, judge, business on date, hearing date, purpose of hearing - for other suits pending in the same court complex). Is there anyway I can check the progress of my suit proceedings. Learned legal authoritarians, please do not misunderstand me. I just want to make sure that I'm on the same page as my lawyer. Please advise. Thanks in advance for all suggestions. 

Learning

2 Replies

Harika   18 August 2016

Hi Rajiv,

I travel in the same boat as you so I know the pain you are undergoing.

If you have your petition/case number and the year in which you had filed the case, you could use the below link to track the status of your case.I found many websites which are not quite updated, but the below serves the purpose. I use this same link to find the status of my own case.

https://services.ecourts.gov.in/ecourtindia/

Hope this helps.

rajiv (self employed)     18 August 2016

Hi Harika, thank you so much for the valuable suggestion. I will check the case details using the link. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register