LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roland   03 April 2016

Torture to wife by husband

There is a Lady in my neighbouring society whom I know is been tortured by the husband. The husband is having another affair and is torturing her. She always asks help from me and I have no idea in what way can I help her. She doesn't want to do a police complaint also and is afraid of what will happen in the future of her. W What help can I offer her.


 2 Replies

Adv Shrikiran.B (Advocate)     03 April 2016

Dear Roland,

I appreciate that you are keen on helping a lady in distress.  

Since the lady is not willing to file a police complaint against her husband, if the lady has sufficient evidences to provide that her husband is having extra marital relationship with other woman, ask the lady to file divorce petition in the family court on the grounds of adultery. If not, advise the lady to file divorce petition on the ground of cruelty.


Roland   03 April 2016

@Captain - I do agree to your point that getting in others business can cause problems. It's like I just wanna know what can be done and just pass on a word of advice. Thanks for the advice @Srikiran - She doesn't wanna give divorce, neither do police complaint. I practically feel that she needs to store evidence so in future if she wants to take a step, she can succeed. Thanks for the advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register