Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

devendra (Manager)     13 February 2013

Token money refund

Hi,

I have finalised to buy a resale flat in mumbai. I had given token money to the owner through CHEQUE. However the owner has not given in writing about the receipt of token money.

Now due to some emergency I intend to revoke my decision of flat purchase. I have intimated the same to the owner and informed him to refund the token money but he is refusing to refund the same. I have not entered into any agreement with the owner for sale of flat. Please advice whether the owner can refuse the refund of token money.

Learning

1 Replies

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     13 February 2013

Hi,

No agreement make between both party. U give a checque in his/vendor name for purchase property. Now u give a notice that " I give a one checque u for purchase your property and the checaue is clear from bank but i tell u when i give this checque without my permission u can not clear this checque, but u can clea this checque without my permission and now i not interest to purchase your property and i inform u orally but u can not give refune tokan  amount".

or  

IF ANY BROCKER/FRIEND/RELETIVE ARE PRESENT WHEN U GIVE CHECQUE U TELL HIM/THEM IF HE/THEY AGREE WITH U.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register