LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ishan Srivastava   22 June 2016

Token money back for a rented flat

I was booking a flat for rent in Pimple Saudagar Area in pune . and have paid 15000/- as a token money . but due to some critical conditions I have to cancel the deal just 4 days after i have booked . 

I have paid on 16th June and Cancelled on 20th June . Still 10 days are left in the month . there was no such conditions that the token amount will not be refunded once it is paid . I have complete acknowledgement from the house owner , that he has recieved the token amount of 15000/- from me . 

After I cancelled he is saying that he will forfiet the complete amount i have paid to him . Is this justified. ?

Learning

4 Replies

Adv Y R Chandwadkar   22 June 2016

You can demand for the token amount for that purpose given amount which not enforced according to law

You can demand for the token amount for that purpose given amount which not enforced according to law

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 June 2016

Yes, you can serve a legal notice demanding back the money and if  no avail, legal options could be exercised.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register