Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nav (member)     19 March 2015

Token advance returned back for flat lease

Hi Sir,

I have a flat and want to Rent for 12 months.

One person contacted me and agreed for 12 months lease and gave me a token amount of 5000 rupees cheque and took my signature on application from that I am willing to rent the property for Rs.xxxx to that person.(its a white paper. there is no stamps)

I deposited the cheque in to my account.

After one week of the this, he brought the agreement with 2Years. (deviated from the what we agreed initially)

I rejected the offer and paid his amount back with cheque of 5000 rupees.(he took the cheque)

He did not withdraw the amount from my account and want to send me a legal notice.

Is it possible for him to send a legal notice in this matter? what can I do if I receive a legal notice?

what is the maximum possible extent he can proceed legally?

Thank you.

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     19 March 2015

Sir, No way he can send a legal notice .... No cause of action in his favour .... Regards Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

Subash M R (Advocate)     20 March 2015

Even though he took your signature fraudulently,it is a fact that you have signed the agreement of 2 years.To disprove it in a court of law, you should have somebody as eye witness to it and through whom only you can prove your case.

Thanking you,       

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register