Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

IQAC OFFICE EXCEL   25 July 2023

To get original certificates and experience certificate

I have given resignation letter 5 months back due to low salary, they said it will be viewed and incremented soon , but till now I didn't get response, so I have given another resignation letter yesterday to relieve me and provide the original certificates, but the principal responded 'not  accepted to go after workload assigns, so u have to go after the end of the semeste( November)." I have offer in other college, so i have to join in next ten days, if they relieve me in the November, where I can search for new job.


 4 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     25 July 2023

What are the terms in your job contract or any documentaion with the compnay, if there is no agreement or signed bonds then you simply issue legal notice to them as they cannot retain your original cerytificates; you should inform them that you should be relieved within eeeks time or they will face legal action . Then you file for case

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 July 2023

You need to comply with the requirements of Notice period as per the terms of appointment. It is illegal for the employer to retain the Original Certificates of the employee.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 July 2023

The employer cannot retain you beyond the notice period and cannot force you to work against your willingness if you are ready to pay the compensation towards the remaining notice period.

The employer cannot hold back your original educational certificates for whatever reasons, you first issue a legal notice and then resort to further legal action as per law in this regard.

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 July 2023

To my understanding, withholding the original certificates (that too, in bargain) amounts to a criminal offence as well.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register