IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi Tyagi (professional)     19 July 2013

To claim forefather house


I have a forefather house (in sharanpur and we are living in ghaziabad) and that was gifted to my grandfather by someone based on the oral commitment. We are owning the same around 40 Yrs. Now we plan to reconstruct the same and someone else (my cousin brother) is start claiming for the same eventhough we both dont have the paper of that house.

He took the court stay to stop the construction work. Could you please suggest on the following:

1. How can we answer the court stay to remain execution of construction?

2. How can we get the property paper of that house?

3. He came with police to threat the labour and to stop the work in our absense can we take any legal action against that.



 3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 July 2013

file a stay vacate petition.and petition for permanent injunction 

Ravi Tyagi (professional)     19 July 2013

Great Thanks for suggestion.

Could you please let me know the procedure for the same and how much time this process will take even i dont have the document.?



prakharved (Medical officer)     20 July 2013

@Ravi Tyagi


As mentioned, the construction may be resumed by filing the stay vacation petition, but it also depends on the contents of the petition that is filed. You have to make strong arguments in favour of stopping the construction.


You need to know about the procedure to file this petition. Also for the other questions you have posted, I think you should take advice from an experienced lawyer. You should visit www.lawkonect.com. Here you can post you query and a written reply would be  provided to you by an experienced lawyer. It is very essential that you get to know about your options well and for that i think you should take professional help.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query