LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hema   03 September 2015

Tn govt. employee passport

Hello Sir,

My husband is a TN Govt. employee (PG Teacher). He has got his passport before joining into the Government service. So missed to disclose to the Government on the existence of his passport. But he has never travelled. Now he needs to renew his passport and also may travel for a trip to Europe countries. We are aware that for his travel, a NOC is needed. But renewal as well is it needed? If so, as he has not disclosed his passport yet, what is the procedure to proceed further?

Kindly advice.


 2 Replies

Advocate.S.A.Siddiq (Advocate)     03 September 2015

Inform to higher authority of Edu.department regarding passport and request to entries in service books. Than after apply for NOC for renewal of passport.   with out any permission from  Edu department , do not travel to any country.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 September 2015

Govt servant is reuired to seek permission before issue of passport but there is no stipulation of reporting the existanc eof passport on joining.  He can seek permission for renewal.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query